Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mini's First Accident

Yesterday hubs and I went to dinner at Texas de Brazil for a late birthday treat.  While we were gone, Mini fell onto a toy block at her grandparents' house, cutting her eye lid open as well as cutting her nose and between her eye.  This is the first time she has ever hurt herself pretty bad, so of course I was freaked out.  I even slept in her room for part of the night!  We took her to Cook Children's to have her checked out (I wanted to make sure she didn't have any facial fractures), and the doctor said she is going to be just fine.  No broken bones or vision impairment, just some nasty cuts and bruises.  Thank goodness, because it could have been a lot worse.  I took off work today to give Mini some TLC and it has been so worth it.  I love her so much!  It's true when they say that once you become a mother, your heart leaves your body...sigh :)




1 comment:

  1. Awww....this makes me tear up just thinking about how much it must have hurt MOMMY :). They're bound to get hurt sometime and you just hope you get a good doctor's report, as you guys did this time! Glad you got some extra Mommy/Mini time out of it :)

    ReplyDelete