Saturday, February 26, 2011

Home Improvements

Home improvements are anything but easy.  I don't have much experience with them, but the little I do I can tell you- they are exhausting!  Hubs and I decided to pull the carpet out of our bedroom because it was disgusting.  We have 3 dogs who have absolutely destroyed it- if they had upset tummies it would happen in our room.  Period.  I am a neat freak so this of course has been driving me mad for the past year and a half.  So finally hubs gave in and we ripped up the carpet.  Instead of replacing it with new carpet that will eventually become ruined as well, we decided to stain the concrete for a cheaper and easier-to-clean alternative. No big deal right?  WRONG!  OMG, what I thought was a 2 day deal turned into a 6 day deal with 5 nights on the couch!  I know right, awful.  But, I love it and it was worth all the pain and suffering (of my back :) ).  Now, if the dogs decide to throw up, I can wipe it up with a towel, and instead of vacuuming, I can swiffer!  Win win.  Check out the pics...this was all done by my amazing hubs- I love you babe!!!

Clean concrete, ready to be stained

Freshly stained, no top coat

With the top coat

Finished product!

Like my new rug? Animal print goes with everything :)

Now our closet doors just need to be put back on...hubs??

I think we are going to wait a little bit for our next project.... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! My parents did that in their living room a few years ago and have never once looked back...it makes a huge deal with the pet issue!! Good choice!!

    ReplyDelete