Friday, October 22, 2010

Swinging & Sunglasses

A couple of days ago I took Mini to our neighborhood park to swing at the playground.  I must admit I felt like I had deprived her of a milestone that most other mothers have let their babies make by her age.  I see pictures all over Facebook of younger babies swinging at the park, laughing and having a good time.  K is 13 months old, and she has never been in a swing let alone a public park swing.  So we got packed up, and walked the short distance over.  I put her in the baby swing, and lets just say the tears started flowing.  I pushed her gently, reassuring her constantly that everything was ok.  She was not having it, even after watching other kids swing happily besides her.  Oh well, at least I tried.  Maybe she'll have better luck with her dad!  :)

Ok at first

After I quit pushing her, she was pretty happy watching the other kids

Look Ma, no hands!

Checkin' out the ducks

My little hootin' hadrosaur

Sassing her mother like always

I find this picture absolutely beautiful

:)

Mama loves that smile

Chisholm Park in Hurst, TX

Today, I came home from work to this beautiful child walking up and down our sidewalk.   Amazing!


FYI- she has never left her sunglasses on before!
I cannot get enough of my beautiful child.  I know every parent says this, but really, I am obsessed with her!!!

Look at those beautiful baby curls, just like her dad!
These two are so amazing together.  Already such a beautiful daddy-daughter bond!

And to finish it up....

CHEESE!

Happy Friday everyone!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment