Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Care & Flu Shots

Today was an interesting day.  To try and explain: James and my work schedule is basically completely opposite.  James goes in to work at 3pm and gets off at 1am.  He has Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off.  I work Monday through Friday, 7a-4p.  Basically, Mon-Wed we play tag.  He watches her, then my mom watches her, then I pick her up and take her home.  James gets off in the middle of the night, I wake up a few hours later and go to work.  And it starts all over again.  Half of the week we don't even see each other.  But, that's the sacrifice we have to make in order to a) have a day off together (Saturday) and b) have Kathryn not go to day care.  Needless to say, this schedule has been hard on us the last few months.  My surgery and being out a few weeks didn't help.  Today we started seriously considering day care, in order to relieve my mom a little (she has her 3 days a week) and to try and keep our sanity.  It wouldn't be more than 2 days a week. As a working mother, I can't imagine dropping my child off with a complete stranger.  It quite frankly scares the s%$# out of me.  On the positive side, my Mini would make friends with other babies (no more than 4 to be exact), and would be taught different things each day.  On top of that, the day care I am considering has video monitoring.  Meaning I can watch my baby online all I want.  Heck yes!  My job involves a computer 100% so this is pretty sweet!  Although I could see myself going insane watching her all day....lol.  Back to it....this is my dilemma.  One that I thing doesn't involve a choice.  So, I am going to stick to the positives and look at what pre-school (I am no longer going to call it the dreaded word day care) can do for her.  Teach her, socialize her, and immunize her.  Well, maybe not the last part, but at least she wouldn't miss her entire Kindergarden year!

After that big decision, I had to take Kathryn to get her flu booster shot.  Yuck.  I am the ridiculous mother that cries more than her child does at the doctor's office.  And today James wasn't there to hold Kathryn so I could step outside the room.  I had to suck it up and hold my baby's hand while she received the shot.  Lucky for her (and me), it hardly phased her.  Nothing a paci and Momma's keys can't cure.  I swear everywhere I go people want to steal my child.  She is just that beautiful.  Such a charmer, such a flirt.  All the nurses just thought she was the biggest ham!




Afterwards, I took her home and laid her down for a nap.  She woke up screaming crying drenched in sweat.  It was either her shot (which I know was sore, because mine hurt like heck the day I received it) or her tooth.  I think it was a combination of both.   So what do I do?  Well let Kathryn run around naked of course!



 That top tooth is really starting to poke through!  My sweet Mini is just going through the ringer.  So, Mommy gave her a warm bath, big bottle and we snuggled on the couch and watched Dinosaur Train.  I'm embarrassed to admit how much I like that show.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment