Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Grandma's Birthday

Sunday was Grandma's (my mom's) birthday. I knew I wanted to make her a tasty treat, but didn't know what.  She loves chocolate, but every chocolate recipe I found was either too difficult or didn't look very good.  Those who know me well, know I don't cook or bake, unless it comes pre-made with instructions on how long to heat in the oven.  :)  I have been trying harder lately now that I am a mom, because that's what moms do, right?!?  So I found a pretty easy, tasty-looking strawberry cake recipe on the Martha Stewart website.  Surprisingly I had all the ingredients minus the strawberries in my pantry.  1 1/2 hours later, I had this fabulous dish in my kitchen!

Before....
After!
   
James, Mini, and I met her for lunch at her favorite restaurant, Mi Chulas. We got her a handmade turquoise neck wrap and a McDonald's gift card so she can get her daily diet cokes.  Aaand, she LOVED her cake!  Woohoo!
Happy Birthday Grandma (Mom), we LOVE you!!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment