Friday, February 10, 2012

Mini's First Day of Pre-School!

The day has finally come!  Kathryn started her first day of pre-school at my church, Good Shepherd Catholic Community.  She goes Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2:30pm.  Her class consists of 8 two year olds (including her), and two teachers.  The program focuses on reading, math, art, science, and religion. They have a daily schedule consisting of:

  • Open Activities (prayer, circle time, and music)
  • Instructional Centers/Snack/Science
  • Outdoor/Indoor play
  • Lunch
  • Nap/Enrichment Afternoon Activities
  • Library/Music
The classroom is the same that they use on Sundays for childcare, so she had been there before.  She always runs straight in and never looks back at me.  On her first day of school she knew something was different.  When I went to the door to sign her in, she kept tugging at my arm trying to get me to come in and play with her.  I said my good byes and left.  No tears for mom; I was so excited for her and knew she would do great.  When I picked her up at 2:30 she was there waiting for me.  I received the biggest hug and "I missed you Mommy" from my girl.  Her teacher said that she did wonderful; only asked for me a couple of times and never cried.  She was sweet and did all the activities asked of her.  I was skeptical about nap time, since she is pretty particular about her environment, and sure enough she didn't sleep long.  She did however lay down quietly with the other children so I am sure she will do better and better.  I am so proud of my daughter and how well she did.  I am so happy I made the decision to put her in school.  Being an only child and not having many little ones her age around, she is always asking me to "see kids."  I feel very confident she is going to learn so much and develop the very necessary social skills a little toddler like herself needs.

Below are some pictures that I took when I picked her up.  Yes I was that mom with her DSLR...what a dork.  ;)





2 comments:

  1. Too cute. Some one has to be that mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i'm a new follower from the photo-a-day linky :) thanks for sharing. hope preschool goes super

    ReplyDelete