Monday, September 6, 2010

Big Girl Bathtime



Being that Kathryn is almost one year old, I figured it was time to let her have a bath in the big girl bathtub. No more whale tubs or ducky baths! This was a big deal for me, because I feel like it is just one more step to her getting older. With her baby bathtubs she was always confined to a small space where she was safe to play without getting hurt. Now, being in the big girl bathtub, she has all the opportunity in the world to hurt herself, such as falling and hitting her chin (as I did when I was little). Well I guess I need to get over myself, because Kathryn had such a great time! No anxiety over the change in atmosphere; actually quite the opposite.  She loved running her hands under the faucet, searching for toys underneath the water, and even made an attempt at standing up (I quickly told her to sit back down).  Below are some pics that capture our fun bathtime adventure. :)


Photobucket


Cool Dude


She loved putting her hand under the faucet



Reading to Mommy

Uh oh...no standing in the tub!


My mohawk baby



The Bathtub Evolution


                  

                            One week old                                  8 months old                                   1 year old 



No comments:

Post a Comment