Friday, September 10, 2010

Kathryn's First Birthday

Yesterday was my sweet baby girl's first birthday.  I'm sure most parents look forward to this monumentous day; however, I feel more like I've been dreading it.  I did not want my baby to turn 1.  She is a toddler now, who no longer drinks formula and is able to eat all foods.  Who will be walking running soon and talking back to me with her sassy tone.  Where did my sweet, innocent, tiny infant baby go?  The one that slept all day, had sponge baths, and who I could lay on my bed and take a shower without worrying about her rolling off?

Anyways, back to Kathryn's day.  The morning started off with a bottle and some Dora.  Then we took her in to her playroom to check out her new slide.  At first she was a little scared, but she warmed up to it quick.




                           
             First time on her new slide                                                                       Sliding down with the help of dad


Trying to climb up


Happy girl with her new toy



Goofy girl wanted to climb up the slide!


Unfortunately, I had to go to work so playtime was over with mom.  Kathryn enjoyed a wonderful day with her daddy, and even got to see Gorgeous who brought her a present and a cupcake.  You know it's your birthday when your parents let you have a cupcake for breakfast!  :)  After I got home, Kathryn, James, and I went to see Aunt Crystal and her new baby boy Hiram Cash.  Yes that is right, Kathryn's new baby cousin shares a birthday with her!  Afterwards, Kathryn took a nap while I got the house ready for the cookout with Grandma Ma, Pa Pa, and Aunt Nanny.  James grilled some yummy salsa burgers with beans and potato salad which was followed by a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake.  Let's just say.....Minis LOVED it!


This baby LOVES attention :)

Getting a taste from dad


Not so sure about this ice cream....

Trying out the ice cream

Yay for sugar!

Birthday's aren't complete without presents right?  Kathryn had lots of fun opening her presents playing with the tissue paper out of her presents.  She made out with lots of fall clothes, a tea set, a plush birthday toy, squeaky shoes, some books, a bath toy, and a bear that she can draw on when she's a little older.  Also, Grandma Ma made her an amazing birthday outfit for her party!  It looks just like the outfits out of Ella Bella (our favorite baby boutique) but what's even better is Grandma Ma made it and personalized it!

Birthday outfit from Grandma Ma


Opening presents with Aunt Nanny


Playing with her toys


Mommy and daddy's everyday present :)



All her loot

Tomorrow we get ready for another big day, the birthday party!  Pics to come ;)

1 comment: