Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Recovery

This past Friday I had my very first "major" surgery.  I've told only a few close family and friends because it is not something I wish to publish for the whole world to know about (and you are wondering why I am blogging right?).  My surgeon did an amazing job and I am already tremendously pleased with the results.  This has been something that I have wanted to do for a long time  and have thought long and hard about the consequences that could occur.  After 4 days I am healing perfectly, all thanks to my wonderful husband and family.  It is not enough to let my body heal, but I have my baby girl, husband, 3 dogs, and house to take care of.  That is a lot of responsibility I am handing over to my husband alone.  My sweet sister Natalie came down to be my nurse the day of my surgery and to help out with Kathryn.  My mom also watched her this past weekend on days that she does not normally have her (she is a Godsend).  James' parents cooked us a delicious meal and brought it to our home tonight and played with Kathryn while I rested in bed (how wonderful is that!).  We are so loved.

The hardest part about this whole thing has been the inability to hold Kathryn.  It has been pure torture watching her blue eyes fill with tears every time I walk by and don't offer to hold her.  She is thinking to herself, "why won't mommy pick me up?  What have I done?"  It makes me cry just thinking about it.  Hopefully in a few days I will be cleared to hold her again.  I keep telling myself that healing properly is the most important thing, and that this is only temporary.  But if you could only see those eyes...wait I will show you so you can melt with me.  :(  Despite that horrifically sad face, Kathryn has had a wonderful few days with her dad, grandparents, and aunt.

Pure torture, right?!?
While mommy recuperated in bed, Kathryn got to try her first sippy cup of juice.  Don't worry, it was all water with a tiny bit of crangrape juice.  James and I felt so bad that I was ignoring Kathryn she got away with a lot of things she wouldn't normally have.  :)  She is the queen of this household...


Even though I couldn't hold my Minis, I am still able to sit with her on the bed.  So while we watched Teen Mom, Kathryn read an US Weekly magazine.  Don't judge me people.  I know what you're thinking.  Yes I like that TV show (it is hilarious and sadly very real) and yes I love that magazine (mainly for the pictures and fashion ideas).  Kathryn is already my best friend so why not share with her my fav magazines and TV shows?  :)


Grandma K came over so that daddy could go to Lowe's and do other "manly" things away from the house.  Mommy was also able to rest without worrying about the Min.  Every dad needs to get away, especially when he has been cooped up in the house with two four (including dogs) women for 3 days straight!




Today was the first day I felt well enough to leave the house for an hour.  I went to the hair salon to get my hair shampooed for the first time in 3 days (eww gross I know but I can't do it myself!)  My mom took Kathryn and I to Rosas for Taco Tuesdays while James went to tune our lawnmower.  It was so nice enjoying a lunch with my mom and Kathryn, who of course is the life of everywhere we go and a flirt to everyone she meets.  I mean come on, who can resist this face??

Such a Ham

Well,  I've just ingested 6 different medications so I think it is time for bed.  LOL.  Thank you so much to all of you who have sent prayers, well wishes, and happy thoughts my way.  I am doing FABULOUS thanks to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment