Monday, September 13, 2010

Kathryn's 1st Birthday Party

On Saturday, September 11, James and I celebrated Kathryn's 1st birthday party.  Yes, her FIRST birthday!



You would be surprised at how much work goes in to planning a birthday, especially for a one year old.  This was her very first party, something that I wanted to be very special and filled with family and friends.  It was a full party alright- around 45 people to be exact!  Her theme was cupcakes- something girly, simple, and classic.


Kathryn's cousins and friends played in the pool while the adults looked on and tried to stay some-what cool in the shade.


We had Joe's lasagna and pizza catered and it was fabulous!  My mom expected to have leftovers, but it was picked clean by the end of the party.


                            


When it came time for dessert Kathryn wasn't so sure what to do with her mini cake. In fact, I think she hated it!  Oh well, all my mommy friends tell me that is the norm and she will like it better on her second birthday.  I mean what can I expect, I never feed the kid sweets!


      

After cake we opened up all of her presents.  We are so lucky to have such generous friends and family!

  
                         

And no party is complete without a birthday hat!  Specially made by Grandma Ma...with love!  :)

                      
                         


        



Thank you to all our friends and family who made this day SO special.  She is such a lucky mini!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Looks like you had a great time! Seriously, that outfit was so adorable...and so is that hat! I see where you get your good taste, if Grandma Ma is your mom!

    ReplyDelete