Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Changes are a Comin'....

After having a little chat with a friend/co-worker, I have come to the conclusion that Mini should probably not be drinking out of a bottle.  She is 14 months old, perfectly capable of drinking milk out of a sippy cup, but a part of me has had a hard time accepting this.  We have a wonderful nighttime routine.  Dinner at 5:30, playtime, bath at 6:15, and bottle at 6:45.  The sweet chunk and I then cuddle on the couch, watching either a movie, Dora, or Dinosaur Train, until about 7:15 or 7:30.  It is perfect, and I look forward to it every day.  If I get rid of the bottle, I no longer am needed...she can just feed herself!  Sounds silly, I know.  So last night I made her some warm milk in a sippy cup and we sat on the couch with The Princess and the Frog on the TV.  Like no big deal, she drank her milk from the cup.  Granted, her first couple of sips she was a little perplexed (the only thing I have ever put in her sippy cup is water), but after that she chugged away, all by herself.  My little baby is getting so BIG! 

About a month ago James and I considered putting Mini in daycare for 2 days a week, so that she could become more socialized with kids her age.  We visited one daycare (or I guess I should call it a school, because that's what it really is), and the babies her age were drinking out of cups and eating food off of a plate.  Crazy.  My child drinks out of sippy cups and I still feed her baby food!  They were also eating saltine and graham crackers, which I have never given Mini (I have a severe fear of choking).  I was literally in awe of this.  So the next day, James and I gave her a saltine, and low and behold she ate it with ease.  I guess what I am getting at is, I really don't want her to grow up. 

Today while I was at work, hubs sent me a video of Mini eating eggs on a plate.  Not a big deal to most, but I thought it was the coolest/saddest/funniest thing ever!  Half way through the video, she looks at her dad, then looks down at her plate and starts lifting it like she is going to flip it over.  Obviously her dad gave her a look, because she stopped.  Such a sass queen.  :)

Mini, I need you to STOP GROWING!  Regardless, you will forever be Mommy's baby.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I went shopping with my mother in law yesterday at Kohl's and was shocked and dismayed to see that they had placed the 12 mo clothes in with the toddler stuff. I'm not ready to shop in the toddler section! I know she's growing up and is becoming a toddler, but there was something about shopping that really hit me. =( I love watching her grow, but I'm also so sad for the short moments of life that fly by.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, B still takes a bottle and her MOMMY can't let it go! I'm totally lying to the doctor at her 15 months appointment, seeing as how he told us to stop giving it to her the day after her 12 month appointment...I'm not ready for my baby to be bottle-free!

    ReplyDelete