Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-or-Treat!

This past weekend James, Kathryn and I were supposed to make a trip up to Norman, Ok to visit Aunt Nanny for OU Parents Weekend.  I had the whole family packed and ready to go Friday night, only to wake up to the worst sickness I can remember.  People call it the stomach flu, or better yet a good ole' stomach virus.  It was awful, and kept me from eating and drinking all day Saturday and Sunday.  Let's just say we didn't make it up to Oklahoma. :(  Thankfully, James only had a slight version of what I did, and Kathryn didn't get it at all.  After speaking with her nurse, it was a miracle because this nasty bug has been going around and usually affects the entire family.  James was wonderful enough to take care of Mini for me while I was feeling under the weather, even though he wasn't feeling so good himself.  This is what I woke up to on Saturday evening.  :)
  


By Sunday afternoon, I was feeling up to taking Mini trick-or-treating.  We headed over to the Cockerham's neighborhood and got her all dressed up. 



 Mini was very excited to go trick-or-treating.  Look at that smile!


 About to head out with the group.


 Mini getting trick-or-treat pointers from her buddy Jack.


A train drove by the house and the kiddos were mesmerized!



Mini getting her first piece of candy.  Yay!


Proudly walking off with her orange sucker.


Taking a trip up with dad for some more.


She loved getting two pieces of candy, one for each little hand!


I think daddy had more fun than Mini... :)


This house had a dancing skeleton.  So fun!


Taking a rest break with Mommy.


Time for my antennas dad!


This man came to us with candy!


Minis and I made a visit to see Grandma and PaPa.  They were so happy to see us!


Even though I was sick this weekend, it couldn't have ended better.  Minis had a wonderful time trick-or-treating for the first time and I will never forget it!  Now to finish off all her candy.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment