Thursday, June 23, 2011

My New Gig

Changing jobs is a pretty big deal.  Not that I would know, because this is my first time (in my professional career).  I knew it would be challenging but was unsure of what to really expect.  2 1/2 weeks ago I became a builder on the CareConnect Security Team at THR.  Same company, same department, just new role.  Instead of providing site support for the electronic health record at the hospitals, I provide the behind-the-scenes build (security, to be more specific).  What does that really mean?  My team controls what a user can see and do when they log in.  We are the gatekeepers.  The way in.  And I love it.  When I became certified in the software 2 years ago, I knew that security was what I wanted to do.  So here I am, finally doing it!  I never in a million years would have thought I was to grow up to be a computer programmer.  It's amazing where life takes us sometimes....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment