Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend was so much fun!  James had the entire weekend off with me which made it even better.  Saturday morning we went to Panera Bread and then went grocery shopping.  I started cutting coupons recently (I even made a binder), so we had to go to a few different places to get the good deals.  I don't know how long I will stick with it, but it is really fun to save money (I will not be extreme couponing, don't worry :) ).  The puppies went to the groomers, and each lost about 5 lbs in hair.  They look amazing and smell great.  It is really sad that I seem to love my dogs more when the are clean and cut... :(  On Sunday we went to iHop, and James mowed the yard.  We bought Mini a play pool with a built in slide.  I almost took back the dang thing because she kept slipping and sliding all over the place.  We are going to have to wear water shoes the next time she plays in it.  We also bought her a water stand that has water toys to play with.  $70 later....she enjoyed the water hose best.  :) Figures.  James smoked out chicken and hot dogs, so we spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard with a beer.  It was very relaxing.  On Memorial Day, we went over to my parent's house to enjoy their pool.  It has been a year since K had been in the pool, and last year she loved it.  She was pretty scared this time around, and we ended up spending most of our time on the tanning bed with her water stand.  Eventually, we put her back in her floaty and she had fun watching her Aunt Nanny swim under the water and surprise her with goggles on. 


Bakyard Fun on Sunday




















Post Backyard Fun on Sunday





Pool Fun on Monday, Memorial Day (taken with iPhone)





I want to say a special thanks to my wonderful husband and father who both have served in the military and over seas.  I love you both and am so very proud of y'all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment