Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Kathryn!!!

Today is a very important day in our home.  My sweet, beautiful, loving, funny, amazing daughter is 2 years old!!! Can you believe it?!?  I sure can't.  It feels like only yesterday I was at the hospital holding her for the first time.  This baby girl has been such a blessing to James and I.  I really don't know what my life would be like without her.  She brings us so much joy (and toddler terror;) ).  She is an angel sent from heaven!  Tonight we are having a birthday party for her at her favorite place, My Gym.  Pizza, cupcakes, cake pops, and playtime...it doesn't get much better than that!  :)

Here is when I get to show off, and brag about how awesome and smart Kat is.  Oh yea, I decided I am going to call her Kat, among her many other nicknames (Mini, Mins, Pie, K, "My Baby", etc).

She loves babies and feeding them bottles.  It is so cute to watch her grab the milk and juice bottles and shove them in her babies mouths.  She is going to be such a great big sister one day (in the far, far future. Don't get excited people).  She is becoming more interested in the potty.  We bought her a potty seat for her birthday (spoiler alert) and will start the training here pretty soon.  She is now in a toddler bed and transitioned wonderfully.  Kat is obsessed, and I mean obsessed with the movie Rio.  She literally has it memorized and can recite the lines and sing all the songs.  It is incredible.  She still loves Dora and Dinosaur Train.  Her favorite character is Tiny the Pteranodon.  She loves fish, especially sharks.  She calls them Carla, referencing Carla Cretoxyrhina from Dinosaur Train.  She loves motorcycles, semi trucks, buses, and tractors (and pointing them out numerous times in the car).  Kathryn can sing "You are My Sunshine," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Happy Birthday," and her ABCs.  I really need to teach her more songs, because she learns so fast!  Every night before bed she has me sing "You are My Sunshine" at least 3 or 4 times before I can leave the room.  My mom sang the same song to my sisters and I when we were little.  :)  Her favorite meal is ham, cheese, and yogurt.  She still doesn't like sweets except for an apple cheese cake bundt cake my mom made.  Yes crazy, the total opposite of my taste.   Her best friend is Dixie Cups, our white miniature schnauzer.  Everywhere K is, cups is right behind her.  Sometimes I feel like Dixie thinks she is her mom.  Kathryn is still very tiny, weighing a whopping 23.5 lbs.  Crazy I know.  That's why we call her Mini!  Look at how she has grown the past 2 years.

11 days old

7 months old

13 months old

18 months old

23 months old

So beautiful.  I love you Mini.  I hope you have a wonderful birthday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment